about the google search resolutions

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
with the google search it seems i have to set a fixed resolution. i think it would be much more convenient if we could choose to enter a minimum resolution instead, or no resolution restrictions at all.
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I can kind of do this, but I am constrained by the search functionality built into Google Images. Google Images supports searching for an exact size, or you can pick from a pre-defined list of sizes and aspect ratios. If you want to search for images greater then a given size then you can only choose from a pick list, you can't enter your own values.

To see the list of options I can provide (not just for sizes, but other items also):
Run a Google Images search and open the "Search Tools" sub menu. There is a section for sizes, colors, etc... Let me know if having this more limited option would be OK.
Sep 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM
that would be great. the google search options may be limited to some people, but it would work for me.

google really need to update those options. they are all 4:3 sizes while almost everyone is using 16:9 these day. anyway, thanks for your time!
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.