How To Download all pictures with keyword in Wallbase.cc

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Dear all,

I have downloaded Pulse. I try to download all pics with key word "Cars" in Wallbase.cc.

Pulse downloaded about 100 pics and it stopped.

Can you help me set the software to download all pics with "Cars".

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2012 at 7:00 PM

What you are asking for is fairly easy to do. FYI: This change is not done through the Pulse application, but by opening the settings.conf file located in the Pulse directory.

1. Open settings.conf in a text editor.  This is an XML file.
  2. Look for a block that says <MaxPictureDownloadCount>100</MaxPictureDownloadCount>.
  3. Change 100 to either -1, which will cause ALL images to download, or you can enter a number like 500, or 1000 if you want to put some limit on it.

This applies to all downloads in Pulse, not just wallbase.

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2012 at 7:03 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

This is a great software.

Thanks for your help.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Hi patricker,

I followed your instruction but it's not working.

I check settings.conf and it's always back to 100 when I put 30000???

Please check it and help me.

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Sorry, I left out a critical detail.... You have to completely close Pulse first.  Otherwise Pulse will overwrite your change with it's cached copy of the settings.  So my instructions should be like the ones below.  I also added a step to delete any previously cached searches, in case Pulse finds those and doesn't redo the search to bring back all items.

1. Close Pulse (right click icon, select Close)
  2. Open settings.conf in a text editor.  This is an XML file.
  3. Look for a block that says <MaxPictureDownloadCount>100</MaxPictureDownloadCount>.
  4. Change 100 to either -1, which will cause ALL images to download, or you can enter a number like 500, or 1000 if you want to put some limit on it.
  5. DELETE any .xml file in your Cache folder
  6. Start Pulse back up.

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Still not working, patricker.

Nothing happened after I have done as your instructions. Nothing in cache folder, no .xml file or pics.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll259/Wolflucky/Untitled_zps9b11ccf0.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll259/Wolflucky/Untitled2_zps28153f0c.jpg

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM

You get an error?  Interesting... Can you check the logs folder for a log file?  If there is a log file, post the error message here.

I've added a task to add this feature to the UI to make it easy to do.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I deleted Pulse, started it again and followed your instructions to make sure it ok but it's still not working.

There are the error messages. Is it because I get banned from wallbase or something like this?

15/12/2012 08:14:04 -- Errors -- Unhandled exception! Error Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(String address, NameValueCollection data)
   at wallbase.Provider.GetPictures(PictureSearch ps) in c:\Coding\Pulse\Pulse\Providers\wallbase\Provider.cs:line 65
   at Pulse.Base.PictureManager.GetPictureList(PictureSearch ps) in c:\Coding\Pulse\Pulse\Pulse.Base\Pictures\PictureManager.cs:line 174
   at Pulse.Base.PulseRunner.DownloadNextPicture() in c:\Coding\Pulse\Pulse\Pulse.Base\PulseRunner.cs:line 210
   at Pulse.Base.PulseRunner.<SkipToNextPicture>b__2() in c:\Coding\Pulse\Pulse\Pulse.Base\PulseRunner.cs:line 153
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM

You might try running it without the max picture count change, this error sounds more general as though Pulse is having issues downloading items at all.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM

It's so sad because I love to download 20,000 pics with keyword "anime".

I can download 100 pics but how to download next 100 pics which are not duplicated until I reach 20,000 pics.

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM

It's not great, but you could try setting the wallbase order by to Random (I haven't tested this, but I'm fairly sure it will work).  This will give you a random 100 pictures.  Close Pulse, delete the xml file in the cache folder, then run Pulse again.  Pulse should pull another random 100 pictures.

I've been planning to add a mass download add-on to Pulse for a while, and much of the code is already in place, but I have not had time to finish it.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Thank you for your advice but I think I should wait for the new version of Pulse.

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 3:08 AM
I've finally implemented most of this feature.

See this wallbase topic for more info: http://wallbase.cc/forum/topic/5068