WebClient does not support concurrent I/O operations.

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:36 PM

8/28/2012 9:33:58 AM -- Errors -- Error loading object from XML. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderWallpaperSetterSettings.Read6_WallpaperSetterSettings()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at Pulse.Base.XmlSerializable`1.Load(XmlTextReader xr)8/28/2012 9:34:16 AM -- Errors -- Unhandled exception! Error Details: System.NotSupportedException: WebClient does not support concurrent I/O operations.
   at System.Net.WebClient.ClearWebClientState()
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String data)
   at wallbase.Provider.GetPictures(PictureSearch ps) in e:\Coding\Pulse\Pulse\Providers\wallbase\Provider.cs:line 61
   at Pulse.Base.PictureManager.GetPictureList(PictureSearch ps)
   at Pulse.Base.PulseRunner.DownloadNextPicture()
   at Pulse.Base.PulseRunner.<SkipToNextPicture>b__2()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM

You are using the Wallbase.cc provider, correct?

Assuming that your problem is that wallpaper lists for Wallbase.cc aren't downloading then I think I see how to fix it (though not sure why it's actually an issue).  I'll fix it tomorrow night.

The wallpaper setter settings error is interesting, I'll have to look into it.

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I think I see the cause of both issues.  I created two issues, shouldn't take much for me to fix them.

XML Serialization issue: http://pulse.codeplex.com/workitem/9605
Wallbase Webclient Issue: http://pulse.codeplex.com/workitem/9606

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Actually I tied with NatGeo provider as well, and crashed too. This did not happened with Google search images but I've noticed that the "search results" were completely different from the search keyword and in the cache folder there were only images that comply with the defined dimensions in settings.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Try Pulse Beta 6, it should have the fixes for the two issues I noted above.  If the National Geographic issue persists please post the error message in a new thread.  If you have issues with Wallbase go ahead and post it here.