Suggestions.

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Hi,

First of all, I really love this tool, but I havea  couple of suggestions too.

Firstly, I would like to suggest to add the option to change the safe search level of google images.

Also, I think it would be a great idea if we could add more phrases as searching input, from which Pulse would choose randomly before searching for the next picture.

For example, if we could add more search phrases, like:

• animals
  • cars
  • music
  • planes

than Pulse would pick us either an animal or car or music or plane related image every time.

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know that people are using Pulse.

I've created a work item for the Google Images Safe Search request: http://pulse.codeplex.com/workitem/9553.  The closure of this ticket means the feature has been checked into source control, but does not necessarily mean that it's available in a release.

As for your other suggestion, if you are using Google Images then just enter "animals OR cars OR music OR planes" as your search term and it will bring back wallpapers of all those types.  The text box provided is basically the same as the Google search box for the Google Images provider, so whatever search you can perform on Google Images should also work.

I have considered another option as well which would be to let the user select multiple instances of multiple wallpaper providers, this way you could get wallpapers from Google Images, Wallbase.cc, National Geographic, etc... using a variety of search terms and settings. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Thank you for your answer.

I have another minor suggestion which is to have the option to set the picture changing frequency to "never".

The reason for this is because I like to manually ask for next random pictures and sometimes I find some quite amazing ones which I would like to use for even days without, you know, quitting Pulse.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM

This is already supported: In options uncheck "Change Picture on Timer" and "Change Picture on Startup", then save and close.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Oh, I just realized that I was using an older version.

Thanks.