Feb 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM
This is mostly a note to self, though others are welcome to comment.
Input providers to consider:
- Find a source of high-quality sattelite imagery and make a provider that uses that as a source. If the source distinguishes between day/night that would be even better.
- Bing Images (basically the same as google images, but bing). There is an existing provider out there on CodePlex (http://bing4free.codeplex.com), code could be used from there (it's licensed Ms-PL just
- Picture of the day like Picture Thrill (picturethrill.codeplex.com)
- This could be done through configuration: Set refresh timer to 1 day (24 hours), add a no-cache option, have an option to only download a single picture (right now download count is fixed for entire app and can't be configured at the provider level). With
this in place providers for sites that are meant as picture of the day sites could support these type of settings. Also Wallbase could use this through the Top list potentially.
Output Providers to Consider:
- Ability to position/resize/crop images. Position means at least the options Windows supports: Tile/Center/Stretch/etc..., but could also mean positioning smaller images around the screen, or reducing the size of the image and placing it over
the top of another image/solid color in a particular location.
- Weather overlay on wallpaper. For the best flexibility we would use templates which we would render and then draw on the wallpaper using anti-aliasing/transparent colors.
- National Geographic wallpapers/photographs. (Done in [Changeset: 65903])
- Aura project (aura.codeplex.com) which will change the Aero color to match the wallpaper choosen. (Done in [ChangeSet:65875])