How to find out current picture provider?

May 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I have set multiple Wallbase search terms and wondering whether there's a way to find out which search term resulted in the current wallpaper being displayed?
Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM
No, I don't think you can figure this out right now, here is how you would almost figure it out.
  1. Look-up the name of the picture currently used as your wallpaper. This in itself might not be easy, maybe viewing the personalization settings in Windows to get the file name.
  2. Look through the cached search XML files for the file. Either enable searching inside files for Windows Search or use a tool like Notepad++ that will easily allow you to search through the cache XML files.
  3. When you find the file you will see at the top of the file that there is a SearchSettingsHash value. This is the hashed value of the search that ran to bring back your results.
At this point you are stuck. The hashed value isn't stored in Settings, so no way to match up your search.

I'll add a feature request for this though. Maybe a general "History" option that would provide not only what Pictures were recently used but also which search brought it back.
Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Yes, it would be great to find out what car or babe you are looking at currently :)
Thanks.

On 7.5.2013 20:15, patricker wrote:

No, I don't think you can figure this out right now, here is how you would almost figure it out.
  1. Look-up the name of the picture currently used as your wallpaper. This in itself might not be easy, maybe viewing the personalization settings in Windows to get the file name.
  2. Look through the cached search XML files for the file. Either enable searching inside files for Windows Search or use a tool like Notepad++ that will easily allow you to search through the cache XML files.
  3. When you find the file you will see at the top of the file that there is a SearchSettingsHash value. This is the hashed value of the search that ran to bring back your results.
At this point you are stuck. The hashed value isn't stored in Settings, so no way to match up your search.

I'll add a feature request for this though. Maybe a general "History" option that would provide not only what Pictures were recently used but also which search brought it back.