New issue

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Hi,

As of late, the Wallbase Top List functionality seems broken. I've noticed this on several computers. If I use the search function, it works just fine, but Top List returns empty XML cache files (Empty as in no results within)

Don't know if the site changed, or the code from Pulse, but something's wrong...;-)
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up NukeNike. I'll take a look at it.
Feb 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM
No problem... Always ready to complain!:-P

PS: Using latest version on all my PC's, same behaviour... So I guess the site must've done an update...
Feb 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I might have noticed something relevant...

If you use the "Global Toplist" function on the site (Wallbase.cc), it is by default set to "The last 3 days" and you get 0 results. If you use a different timeframe (Last week, Month, all time...) you get results...

So it might really be a problem with the site. But if your program were not to use the default "Last 3 days", it might be fixed... Perhaps this could be a feature, added to the Top List selection...
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Pulse does use "Last 3 days", maybe it's a wallbase.cc issue as you suggested.
Feb 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM
It does indd seem to be the site:

http://wallbase.cc/forum/topic/4215

So not a bug, sorry for the wrong conclusion on my part.

However, choosing what timeframe the toplist comes from could be a nice feature, so maybe make this a requested feature...;-)
Feb 12, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Although the Wallbase site still states to be in "partial read only mode", the Top List function is working again...
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM
And it's working in Pulse too?
Feb 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Yep, it's working. It was really the fault of the site. Let's just hope they get their problems worked out quickly...