Wallbase down?

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Is it possible that the Wallbase option is no longer functioning?

I've tried all sorts of settings, all that happens is XML files being created in the cache folder, containing empty picture lists.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<PictureList xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><FetchDate>2012-10-17T19:56:39.6990131+02:00</FetchDate> <SearchSettingsHash>-1644759631</SearchSettingsHash><Pictures/> </PictureList>

The other providers seem to work fine.

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I just checked the Wallbase.cc search and it works fine for me.  Perhaps your search just didn't return any results?

To check I would:

1. Close Pulse
  2. Open the directory where Pulse is and rename your settings.conf file to settings.conf.bak
  3. Launch Pulse, the missing conf file will force default settings to be loaded.
  4. See if Wallbase.cc works now.

Also you can upload a copy of your settings.conf file here (if you are comfortable doing so) and I can take a look at your search.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I've tried the Search, blank and with several different keywords (which surely should rend results), to no avail.

Also tried Top List, Random, etc...Nothing works. 

I tried your suggestion, but there is no difference.

I've also tried it on 3 different PCs, all with the same results. That's why I was sure it had to be a general issue...

I'll copy the content of my settings file below (Removed some private data, replaced it with "REMOVED")

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Provider>Wallbase</Provider>
  <Search>Bikini</Search>
  <BannedImages />
  <ChangeOnTimer>true</ChangeOnTimer>
  <DownloadOnAppStartup>true</DownloadOnAppStartup>
  <RefreshInterval>3</RefreshInterval>
  <IntervalUnit>Minutes</IntervalUnit>
  <PreFetch>true</PreFetch>
  <MaxPictureDownloadCount>100</MaxPictureDownloadCount>
  <CachePath>C:\REMOVED\Pulse\Cache</CachePath>
  <Language>nl-NL</Language>
  <ClearInterval>3</ClearInterval>
  <ClearOldPics>false</ClearOldPics>
  <RunOnWindowsStartup>true</RunOnWindowsStartup>
  <ProviderSettings>
    <item>
      <key>
        <string>Desktop Wallpaper</string>
      </key>
      <value>
        <ActiveProviderInfo>
          <Active>true</Active>
          <ProviderName>Desktop Wallpaper</ProviderName>
          <ExecutionOrder>1</ExecutionOrder>
          <AsyncOK>false</AsyncOK>
          <ProviderConfig>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt;
&lt;WallpaperSetterSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
  &lt;Position&gt;NotSet&lt;/Position&gt;
  &lt;BackgroundColorMode&gt;Computed&lt;/BackgroundColorMode&gt;
  &lt;Color&gt;Black&lt;/Color&gt;
&lt;/WallpaperSetterSettings&gt;</ProviderConfig>
        </ActiveProviderInfo>
      </value>
    </item>
    <item>
      <key>
        <string>Wallbase</string>
      </key>
      <value>
        <ActiveProviderInfo>
          <Active>true</Active>
          <ProviderName>Wallbase</ProviderName>
          <ExecutionOrder>0</ExecutionOrder>
          <AsyncOK>false</AsyncOK>
          <ProviderConfig>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt;
&lt;WallbaseImageSearchSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
  &lt;Username&gt;REMOVED&lt;/Username&gt;
  &lt;Password&gt;REMOVED=&lt;/Password&gt;
  &lt;SA&gt;search&lt;/SA&gt;
  &lt;WG&gt;true&lt;/WG&gt;
  &lt;W&gt;false&lt;/W&gt;
  &lt;HR&gt;true&lt;/HR&gt;
  &lt;SFW&gt;true&lt;/SFW&gt;
  &lt;SKETCHY&gt;true&lt;/SKETCHY&gt;
  &lt;NSFW&gt;false&lt;/NSFW&gt;
  &lt;Color /&gt;
  &lt;CollectionID /&gt;
  &lt;FavoriteID /&gt;
  &lt;SO&gt;gteq&lt;/SO&gt;
  &lt;ImageWidth&gt;800&lt;/ImageWidth&gt;
  &lt;ImageHeight&gt;600&lt;/ImageHeight&gt;
  &lt;OB&gt;relevance&lt;/OB&gt;
  &lt;OBD&gt;desc&lt;/OBD&gt;
&lt;/WallbaseImageSearchSettings&gt;</ProviderConfig>
        </ActiveProviderInfo>
      </value>
    </item>
    <item>
      <key>
        <string>Aero Glass Color Sync</string>
      </key>
      <value>
        <ActiveProviderInfo>
          <Active>true</Active>
          <ProviderName>Aero Glass Color Sync</ProviderName>
          <AsyncOK>false</AsyncOK>
          <ProviderConfig />
        </ActiveProviderInfo>
      </value>
    </item>
    <item>
      <key>
        <string>Logon Background</string>
      </key>
      <value>
        <ActiveProviderInfo>
          <Active>true</Active>
          <ProviderName>Logon Background</ProviderName>
          <AsyncOK>false</AsyncOK>
          <ProviderConfig />
        </ActiveProviderInfo>
      </value>
    </item>
  </ProviderSettings>
</Settings>

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I now also tried it on my other PC, deleting/renaming the setting file, no difference.

I was running it "as administrator", I tried it now as simple Admin user, no difference.

The other providers work fine. 

Am I really the only one with this issue? On 3 different PC's??

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Is there another way I can upload the files, without the code thing? I'm new to this forum, sorry...
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:50 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:51 AM

You can upload them to the Issue Tracker.  I made an issue for this: http://pulse.codeplex.com/workitem/9679.

Do you have any log files in the Logs directory?  If so maybe they will shed some light on the issue.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Actually... I think the copy of code I tested on is newer then the code in the latest release... I just tried the copy from the download page and you are right, it doesn't work!  Sorry for doubting you :)

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2012 at 3:55 AM

NukeNike, Try out the new release 0.6.2.0 which has a fix for the wallbase.cc image issue.

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM
patricker wrote:

Actually... I think the copy of code I tested on is newer then the code in the latest release... I just tried the copy from the download page and you are right, it doesn't work!  Sorry for doubting you :)

No problem, just glad it's fixed!:-D

It's indeed working now! Keep up the good work!:-D (And some nice changes to the settings in the new version...Nice)

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Ok, the new version seems to be working, but it's not saving my search term... It keeps getting the nature selection, even after removing or changing that one...

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 3:18 PM

At startup, (after first install) it always shows a wallbase selection, searchin "nature". Is that normal?

It starts the download of the nature picks, and starts displaying them, correctly.

Anyway, after that I'm getting .NET errors after trying to add a Wallbase source to that list, OR changing the search term of the original wallbase link there.

It always ends up making a new entry, and after that, selecting one of the items in the list gets me a "List has more than one selection" error.

However, after removing this from the settings.conf 

<item>      <key>        <guid>91577f2b-c105-498f-82b1-4f0ae2ed74ae</guid>      </key>      <value>        <ActiveProviderInfo>          <ProviderInstanceID>27ec2abf-5e6c-44aa-9c69-bea1efdab84a</ProviderInstanceID>          <Active>true</Active>          <ProviderName>Wallbase</ProviderName>          <ExecutionOrder>1</ExecutionOrder>          <AsyncOK>true</AsyncOK>          <ProviderConfig />        </ActiveProviderInfo>      </value>    </item>

And leaving the other wallbase item in there (with all sort of settings this entry does not have)(which ends up making that list only have 1 item) it downloads the wallbase pictures perfectly as requested.

It does not show them, however. The wallpaper does not get changed...

Do I have some .NET problems, or are there still some kinks in the cables? ;-)

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Thanks for all the great feedback.  Try the version I just released, Pulse 0.6.3.0.  It has a number of bug fixes in it.

Oct 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Edited Oct 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Fantastic!

This version seems to be working perfectly! Download as it should, saves the search term as it should, shows the pictures correctly, ...

SUPER!:-D

I just love this application, and am so glad it works properly again!

After all this complaining, could I still make 1 teenieweenie suggestion?;-)

It would be great if you could see which pictures are banned, and maybe "unban" them...(as I often ban by mistake, wanting to go to Options)

Maybe something like the new preview thing? A list of the pics, with an "Unban" option next to the pictures?

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I found another bug... But it's not as critical, so I won't bother you AGAIN, unless you want to know...

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM

NukeNike,  if you don't report bugs then they won't ever get fixed.  There are people out there who may try Pulse, run into the same bug you did, and just ditch Pulse rather then report the bug.

Anytime you see/find a bug or think of an idea either post a discussion or create a Work Item directly.  The worst thing that can happen is that I will decline it :), but most likely it will get worked on and fixed/implemented.

If you do post concerning this new bug please make a new discussion thread though.

Thanks again for all the feedback, keep it coming.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Ok, just don't want to be bothering you non-stop!;-)

It seems to work just fine, as long as I don't select the AeroGlass sync and/or Logon Background. If I do, I can make changes, but they are not saved. Those options stay selected, and any other settings changed (like search term and stuff) revert aswell.

As long as I do a clean install and don't select the Logon and/or AeroGlass options, all works well. Searchterms can be changed and saved, "Top List" can be selected, etc...

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Edited Oct 28, 2012 at 3:28 AM

It took me until now to figure out what the heck you were talking about with selecting multiple outputs causing it to break :) (even though it was really obvious)  Just ran into it myself and will get it fixed.

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Fantastic, very good!

If you need more info from me, just ask!:-D

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:36 AM

It isn't fixed yet, right? Cause I downloaded it just now (does have same version number 6.3.0) and the issue was there again...

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM

It's fixed in the source code, but I haven't released a version with the rix yet.

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2012 at 3:41 AM

The new version 0.6.4.0 has been released and includes the updates/fixes, mostly ones you asked for, but a few others as well.